Archbishop’s Appeal Mission & Purpose
With support from all faithful, the Archbishop’s Appeal for Shared Ministries provides for the material, faith formation, and spiritual needs to God’s people across the 19 counties of the Archdiocese of San Antonio. The Archbishop’s Appeal for Shared Ministries enables all faithful to support essential resources that bring hope to many and build our mission’s future.
Priestly & Diaconate Formation
As Disciples of Christ, it is our responsibility to support those discerning the call to serve Christ in a religious life, as well as our retired clergy. Vocation Ministries provide education and formation for those studying and discerning religious life, as well as for those in formation for the permanent diaconate.
- Deaconate Program
- Office of Vocations
- Priest’ Pension Plan, Retired Priests
- San Antonio Seminarian Fund
- Vocation Discernment Retreat
Catholic Social Services
Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of San Antonio provides a comprehensive network of social services aimed at promoting and facilitating self-sufficiency. The programs offer support and opportunities that empower people and communities to grow and thrive.
- Caritas Legal Services
- Catholic Counseling Services
- Crisis Response Unit
- Financial Wellness and Care Program
- Guadalupe Community
- Center-After School and Summer Youth Program
- St. Peter-St. Joseph Children’s Home
- Guadalupe Home
- Project Rachel
- Parish Outreach & Hotline
- Senior Services (RSVP/AAS)
- St. Stephen’s Care Center (Food Pantry & Clothing Closet)
- Seton Home
The Appeal supports nearly 4,000 students to follow in Christ’s footsteps. It provides them with tuition assistance to receive a Catholic education, which fosters a culture of faith, unity, and spiritual growth.
- Catholic University of America
- Hope for the Future, Tuition Assistance
- Superintendent Resource Fund
- Curriculum Resources Program
The Appeal supports Catholic communication resources that bring the Good News to our communities through various mediums. Thanks to Appeal donors and Catholic Communications, individuals can experience a true encounter with Christ daily.
- Today’s Catholic Newspaper
- Catholic Television of San Antonio
- National Catholic Communications
The Department for Pastoral Ministries supports the Archdiocese by providing educational, spiritual, and formational opportunities to promote the Gospel values in the local Church.
- Formation for Parish Leadership
- Youth, Campus, & Young Adult Ministry
- Ministry for the Deaf, Incarcerated & Hospitalized
- Evangelization of Couples and Families
- Hospital Ministry
- Deanery Resource Coordinators
- El Camino de San Antonio Mission
Making a Gift to the Appeal
There are many ways to give!
- TEXT TO GIVE
Text the word APPEAL to (210) 750-6712. This method of giving is fast, secure and helps us save resources: paper, post office stamps and time. Text to Give is friendly to the environment. It is multilingual.
- USING YOUR APPEAL INVITATION LETTER. PLEDGE CARD (ENVELOPE)
Scanning the QR code on an invitation letter/envelope or by simply completing a pledge card (envelope).
A pledge can be setup by going to: www.archsa.org/appeal.
- ONE-TIME GIFT
A one-time contribution can be made at any time during the year by check, money order, credit card payment, or electronic funds transfer.
- RECURRING, MONTHLY GIFT
This giving option helps us sustain these shared ministries that require funding all year around. This recurring monthly gift will be stopped until you let us know. Tax statements will reflect gifts given within the 12 months of the current campaign.
Our goal is 100% participation. Everybody is invited to discern and make a sacrificial gift. Prayers are welcomed gifts to the Appeal.
Do not send cash contributions by mail, as this can result in theft and loss of funds. We recommend that the parish office sends a check for the total of cash contributions with a detailed list of donor names, mailing addresses, dates, and gift amounts. This action allows our office to issue proper credit to the donor for their contribution in the form of a tax letter.
Gifts to the Appeal can be made at any time!